Everyone laughed at me, everyone told me I was a joke, that I'd never make it, I'm setting my heights to dreams that I cannot achieve, to places I'll never travel and a life I'll never live. Those were mirrors that stood in front of them, for it was not me they were laughing at, it was themselves ... And those lies they spewed were jealously coated and fear sprinkled. Give them a second and they will waste your time ... cause success is not a dress code, it is an achievement, and if you think you've seen the best of me ... you've been misinformed ... 'Cause the best is yet to come ...
We fumbled about and fashioned a smile, But yet we hated each other all the while, We strut nothing and played this game, And here we are just the same; It is fair that we lie to each other? Deny out hearts' the purest of pleasure? I'm giving up as long as you are, ‘Cause we've taken this a tad bit too far; So end this hatred and let’s make peace, The heavens are waiting for this rivalry to cease, Kiss me good night and I'll be on my way, Just the same like for any other day; Let’s hold hands and walk the streets, Not lies in bed with cold bitter sheets, Lie next to me and make the day night, For you are the purest of this world's light…
Comments