Skip to main content

Shattered

… and as he looked into her eyes, he admitted the truth, a small, kindling flame burning deep within him for her… but as the truth spewed, all he got were blank stares and empty words as she admitted that she didn’t love him.. and never did. All the weeks before, till midnight and later, were all in vain as the letter he wrote meant nothing now. He slowly looked away, placing his week’s worth of work on the edge of the desk. He gathered his belongings, looked for the door as he always did but this time walked out with his heart in his hands.


As he exited he felt a sharp pain slither through his chest, as he had grown O’ too well of the feeling. He stopped at the top of the steps, looked at the sky, inhaled as hard as he can and made his way down, through the entrance and along the pavement to the corner. Every word said, a lie and every emotion felt, a myth. All he had for himself was the memory of being with someone but never actually being with anyone. Atleast he was that much closer knowing what true love really felt like and this time he took with him a lesson well learnt…Never fall for a girl who’s already taken, even if the planets align, ‘cause when the eclipse passes, the only person gonna get hurt, is YOU…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forgotten But Not Gone...

Sacred memories and forgotten dreams, Vivid settings and sunlit scenes, Glistening radiant light on the ocean’s head, Silent thoughts and words never said; Bleeding beneath the surface of still waters, Trying to cope with the anger within, Fallen hearts and lost emotions, Secular thoughts and parallel sins; Leave me be and let me die, See you in hell and don’t forget your lie, Take it with you and hold it tight, Grab it onto with all your might, For when the demons see your face, You WILL be asking for God’s gentle grace…

My Bitter End

I feel like this life means nothing, To me no more needs to be said, This love that we once shared, Is nothing more 'cause I'm already dead; I wish you had never found another, To which you can spend the night, 'Cause I'm still here and waiting, And you with him simply isn't right; The day goes by but the pain is still there, Fresh as though it was just today, And with every second that moves on, I get down on my knees and pray; For you to return to me once again, So that I don't have to feel this way, A life of misery and endless torture, For a love I had but never to stay; It hurts too much just to explain, This feeling of hopelessness inside, It feels like you've moved on, And I'm here simply waiting to die; Maybe then the pain will fade, And I'll feel something inside again, 'Cause till then I'm lost and hurt, And now I'm waiting for my bitter end.

Bleeding Inside

You said to me that you wanted to forget the past, And put it behind for us to last, But there you add him again to remember, Even with the times we shared last December; I'm feeling shaky inside and I can't hide, This emotion so deep that can't subside, I can't believe you keep him near, To me him around now my greatest fear; I can't change how I feel to make you smile, Cause you're hurting me inside for the while, I guess we'll wait to see how it will be, Cause I'm bleeding a bit even though you've stopped loving me.